Church Street, Hartlepool
A view of Church Street, West Hartlepool, looking south-west towards Christ Church. A double decker tram with its tram lines and overhead electric power supply lines can be clearly seen. Horse drawn carriages are, however, still in use as well. The electric tram network opened on the 19th May 1896 using the tramway from a former steam powered tram system. The trams ran until they were replaced by trolley buses in the early 1920s.