Claverton Pumping Station, Claverton, Bath and North East Somerset
Claverton pumping station was designed by John Rennie for the Kennet and Avon Canal Company. It was used to pump water between the river Avon and the canal to maintain the water level in the canal. It opened in 1813, was closed down in 1952 and restored 1969-75. The water wheel provides power to drive 2 cast iron working beams which operate lift and force pumps.