Cloth Hall, Wharf Street, Newbury, Berkshire

Cloth Hall, Wharf Street, Newbury, Berkshire
Photograph taken 1890 © Reproduced by permission of Oxfordshire County Council ref: HT06141

The exterior of the building, built in 1626-7 which is commonly known as the Cloth Hall. It was built with money left by John Kendrick of Reading as a municipal cloth-weaving workshop to give employment to the poor. It is now a museum.