Conishead Priory, Priory Road, Ulverston, Cumbrai
This country house was built in 1821-36 for Colonel Braddyll, on the site of an Augustinian Priory. It was built to a design by Philip Wyatt and completed by George Webster. The Priory has been a hydropathic spa and a convalescent home for miners. Manjushri Buddhist Centre took over the house when it was derelict and for the past twenty five years it has been home to an international college for Buddhist studies. It has been described as '. ...a very important Gothic revival country house with few peers in the north west'.