Conservatory, Enville Hall, Enville, Staffordshire

Conservatory, Enville Hall, Enville, Staffordshire
Photograph taken circa 1910 © Reproduced by permission of Historic England Archive ref: bb80/03043

The glasshouse at Enville Hall was constructed for the Earl of Stamford and Warrington in 1854. It is an exotic structure which combines gothic windows with 'Indian' domes. A demolition team stationed at Enville Hall during World War II blew the glasshouse up for practice.

Location

Staffordshire Enville

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

country house lake building architecture garden conservatory design gothic dome Victorian (1837 - 1901)