Conservatory in Markeaton Park, Markeaton Lane, Derby
The conservatory in Markeaton Park was built for the Mundy family of Markeaton Hall and was part of the estate. After the death of Emily Mundy in 1929 the Hall and 20 acres of land were given to the council. The council then bought more land and created Markeaton Park. It was formally opened in 1931 by HRH Prince George (later to be the Duke of Kent). Markeaton Hall was demolished in 1964.