Council Housing, Boundary Estate, Bethnal Green, Greater London
Chertsey House was built in 1899 in Arnold Circus. It is built from red brick, with distinctive salmon pink banding to the brickwork of the 2nd and 3rd floors in Arts and Crafts style. It was part of the Boundary Estate - the first major council housing development built by the recently formed London County Council. There were 1069 dwellings in 23 blocks. It had a communal laundry and shops. The blocks of tenements radiate out in a star shape from a central raised park in Arnold Circus. They were designed and landscaped to look less like barracks as previous blocks of workers housing had been described.