Coventry Cathedral, Priory Street, Coventry, West Midlands
View of the construction of Coventry Cathedral showing the east side stone work being fixed with the aid of small gantries on the nave slab and a Coles 22 crane. The old cathedral was bombed during an air raid on 14 November 1940. After the architect Sir Basil Spence won a competition to design a new cathedral work began on it in 1955. The photograph comes from the John Laing Company Archive.