Crimea House, Fort Pitt Grammar School for Girls, Rochester, Medway
Fort Pitt was built between 1805 and 1819 on the high ground between Chatham and Rochester. It became a hospital for invalid soldiers in 1828. An asylum was added in 1849. Florence Nightingale started the first Army Medical School there in 1860. By the 1920s the hospital was closed and the site changed into a girls school.