Cuckney School, Cuckney, Nottinghamshire

Cuckney School, Cuckney, Nottinghamshire
Photograph taken 02 June 2001 © Mr John Hind LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 241415

This building has had many uses. It was built in c1723 as a watermill used to grind corn. Then in c1785 it was converted in to a cotton mill. In 1846 the mill was no longer in use and by 1848 it had been converted into a school.

Location

Nottinghamshire Cuckney

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

mill watermill corn cotton factory school rural industry Georgian (1714 - 1836)