Denton Hall, Denton, North Yorkshire
Denton Hall is associated with the Fairfax family. The second Lord Fairfax was the leader of the Parliamentary forces in the Civil Wars. The old hall stood on higher ground to the north of the present site. The estate was sold by the widow of Thomas Fairfax to James or Henry Ibbetson of Red Hall near Leeds. A new house was built in 1734 after the earlier building was burnt down. The present house, built in 1778, was the seat of Sir Henry Ibbetson, in 1802. In 1976 the estate was sold.