Farnham Castle, Farnham, Surrey
The keep, bailey, curtain wall and outer ditch of the castle date from the 12th century. It was constructed in 1138 on the orders of Henry of Blois, Bishop of Winchester. After 1155, when Henry II had the original keep pulled down, the castle was rebuilt. Between 1470 and 1475, a 3 storey, brick tower, now known as Fox's Tower, was built to the south west of the hall. The keep was abandoned after the Civil War. The Castle was the property of the Bishops of Winchester from Saxon times to 1927.