Fawley Court, Fawley, Buckinghamshire
This School was formerly a mansion. The building was built in 1684 for William Freeman, a plantation owner and merchant. It has been claimed that the house was built by the famous architect Sir Christopher Wren. The site was already occupied before 1684 and can be dated back to before the Norman Conquest. During the Glorious Revolution of 1688, William of Orange stayed in the house during his march from Devon to London. One of the reasons why this site has been so popular is that it stands on the banks of the River Thames.