Female Ward, Hahnemann Hospital, 42 Hope Street, Liverpool, Merseyside
The Hahnemann Hospital was built and equipped in 1887 by Henry Tate, as a free gift to the citizens of Liverpool. It grew out of the Liverpool Homoeopathic Dispensary dating back to 1842 and was named the 'Liverpool Hahnemann Hospital and Dispensary'. It provided treatment for the poor, both as in and out patients. It became part of the South Liverpool Group of hospitals under the National Health Service Act of 1946. It was later renamed Liverpool Homoeopathic Hospital. It closed in 1976.