Fineshade Abbey Stables, Fineshade, Northamptonshire
These stables were built in 1848 for the Monckton family of Fineshade Abbey. They are on the site of an Augustinian Priory. It was founded in 1199, on the site of the earlier Castle Hymel. It was founded by Richard Engayne. It was dedicated to St Mary and was first known as the Priory of Castle Hymel. It was dissolved in 1536. The site was bought in 1546 by Sir Robert Kirkham, who incorporated the abbey ruins into a house. In the early/mid 18th century the house was bought and rebuilt by William King. In the mid 18th century the house passed to the Monckton family. It was largely demolished in 1956 - these stables are part of what remains.