Former Dock Offices, Kingston Upon Hull
This impressive building dominates the old town centre. It was built as the dock offices in 1871 at a cost of £90,000. It was the home of the Hull Dock Company which ran the entire dock system. It was designed by C G Wray in an Italianate style. It originally overlooked the Princes Dock and Queens Dock. The Queens dock was filled in and is now Queen's Gardens. The building is decorated with dolphins and other maritime symbols. It was acquired by the city council in 1968 and converted for use by Hull Maritime Museum which moved there in 1975.