Former Grammar School, Kibworth Beauchamp, Leicestershire
The former Music School Block at Kibworth High School. This school building dates from 1725. It was extended in 1836 and 1887. It is built from red brick and has a Welsh slate roof (part hipped) with a brick ridge and end stacks. The buildings were originally a schoolroom and headmasters house. The school was founded originally as a Grammar School in the Tudor period. It became a comprehensive school for pupils aged 10 - 14 under the Leicestershire Plan in the late 1960s/early 1970s. A new school building was built on the Smeeton Westerby Road in the 1970s. The old Music Block has been converted into flats. The rest of the school buildings are now (2011) a community hall owned by the Parish Council and run by a committee of local people.