Former hydro electricity works, Old Malvern, Worcestershire
This hydro (water powered) electricity works was built in 1894 by T. Rowbotham of Birmingham, for Worcester Corporation. It has a plaque inscribed 'City of Worcester Electricity Works 1894'. Worcester was the largest 19th century hydro-electric public-supply works in Britain. It had a water-generated capacity of nearly 400KW. The city was the first municipality to build and operate on a long-term basis its own hydro-electric power station.