Former Methodist Chapel, Aldwark, York

Former Methodist Chapel, Aldwark, York
Photograph taken 20 April 2001 © Mr Martin Roberts. Source Historic England Archive ref: 462773

This building was originally a Methodist Chapel built in 1759. It is notable as the first, and until 1805 the only, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel in York. The opening service on 15 July 1759 was conducted by John Wesley. Its use as a chapel was discontinued in 1805.

Location

York York

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

methodist nonconformist religion faith chapel Georgian (1714 - 1836)