Former Museum, Great Driffield, East Riding of Yorkshire
This hall was built in a Gothic style as the first purpose built museum of archaeology. It was built by William Hawe to display the collection of artefacts dug up by John and Robert Mortimer. They were local corn merchants who excavated hundreds of burial mounds on the Yorkshire Wolds. It was converted to a Masonic Hall after the collection was sold to Hull City Council in 1918. This building is listed for its historic significance as an early museum of archaeology.