Former Officer's quarters, Richmond, North Yorkshire
These former Officer's Quarters were built in 1874-7. They were designed at the War Office by Major HC Seddon RE. They were built as officers' accommodation, a mess and administration block. They were built for the Richmond Localisation Depot, under the Cardwell Reforms. These reforms had redistributed infantry barracks around the country to encourage local connections and assist in military recruitment.