Frewin Hall, Oxford, Oxfordshire
This building is on the site of St. Mary's College. The college was founded in 1435 by Thomas Holden & his wife for Canons of the Augustinian order. After being dissolved in 1540 the buildings became a Hall of the University. Then later in the 16th century it became a charity school and almshouse. In 1580 the house and site passed by exchange to Brazenose College, the present owners. The present building appears to be the lower part of the gatehouse and dates from the 15th-16th centuries.