GNR Warehouse, Derby

GNR Warehouse, Derby
Photograph taken October 1991 © Crown copyright.NMR ref: BB92/29657

This massive warehouse was built in 1877-78 for the Great Northern Railway Co to serve their Friargate Station. The railways had become one the easiest and cheapest methods of transporting goods by the mid-19th century, and many storage facilities were erected near stations.

Location

Derby Derby

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

warehouse railway store derelict victorian (1837 - 1901)