Grove Park, Weston-super-Mare, Avon
General view of people around bandstand. Grove Park was originally part of a private estate. The town Board of Commissioners rented The Grove for the town for £300 a year. In April 1890 a goverment loan was used to convert the private pleasure grounds into a public park. This was done by 20 June 1891 and Grove Park was opened to the public. It had a bandstand, rockeries, a refreshment room, a pavilion, and extensive floral displays.