Help Out Mill, Heather Road, Shackerstone, Leicestershire
There has been a watermill on this site since 1313. This particular mill was built in the early 1800s. The watermill was in the hands of the Timms family from 1734 to 1970. In 1818 it is recorded that the mill along with 152 acres was worth £1000. In 1860 a steam engine replaced an all iron overshot waterwheel. In turn the steam engine was replaced by a turbine in c1902 when a roller mill for flour production was installed. A private railway siding was provided for the mill, probably when a separate granary was built in 1912. The survival of a roller mill with all its fittings in such a complete state is extremely rare especially when it appears with the earliest system of water-powered grinding stones.