Ickworth House, Suffolk
Ickworth House, Suffolk was built by the 4th Earl of Bristol in 1795 to display his collections of fine art. Set in parkland created by 'Capability' Brown, the entrance to Ickworth is dominated by the central Rotunda which was only used by the family for special occasions. The family lived in the East Wing of the building, which has recently been converted into a hotel. The West Wing was added for symmetry but not used. Ickworth House was passed to the National Trust in 1956.