Kilham Memorial Methodist Chapel, High Street, Epworth, North Lincolnshire

Kilham Memorial Methodist Chapel, High Street, Epworth, North Lincolnshire
Photograph taken 29 September 1999 © Mrs Janet Roworth LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 165134

This building was the Methodist New Connexion chapel. It was built in 1860 to commemorate Alexander Kilham. In 1797 Alexander Kilham of Epworth (1762-98) founded the breakaway Methodist New Connexion. In 1907 this branch of the Methodist church joined with other groups to form the United Methodist Church.

Location

North Lincolnshire Epworth

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

chapel religion faith methodist memorial nonconformist Victorian (1837 - 1901)