Library, Museum and Art Gallery, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
In 1899 a Baron de Ferrieres donated to the town his collection of Old Master paintings. He also gave £1,500 towards an art gallery in which to display them. Originally the buildings also served as both a free library and the schools of Art and Science. In 1907 the rooms that had been used for the schools of Art and Science were turned into a museum.