Magazine Gateway Regimental Museum, The Newarke, Leicester
This gateway was built in c1410. It was the main entrance to the Newarke, the outer bailey around the castle. The original gateway dated back to the building of the Newarke in c1330. The gateway was used a magazine (ammunition) store during the Civil War, hence it's current name. In 1894 it was incorporated into a military barracks. The barracks were then demolished in 1966 when a dual carriageway was created. The gateway remains as a museum, but is isolated on part of the city's inner ring road.