Maritime Museum, Marine Parade, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
This building was built as a home for shipwrecked mariners (sailors). It was opened on the 2nd February 1859. It was designed by A W Morant and extended to the west in 1908 by Olley & Haward. It is built in an Italianate style of architecture. One particular example of its use was after a violent gale on the 25th of October 1859 when 30 shipwrecked seamen lodged there.