Monument to Sir William Gray, Church Square, Hartlepool
The Monument was designed in 1898 by William Day Keyworth, Junior and made by Rovini and Partanti of Fulham. It is inscribed "Sir William Gray, J.P., D.L., First Mayor of West Hartlepool, 1887-88. Erected by public subscription 1898". He is shown in mayoral robes and chain of office, seated in the Chief Magistrate's chair and holding the plans for West Hartlepool Municipal Buildings.