New East Pool Mine, Trevithick Road, Carn Brea, Cornwall
These buildings include the chimney stack and pump enginehouse for Taylor's shaft. The chimney stack was put up in 1922. The mine was originally opened in 1834 and closed in 1945. It had several name changes and belonged to the East Pool and Agar Ltd company in 1922. Over time it produced mainly copper and tin but also some arsenic and tungsten. This is a well preserved set of buildings giving a good impression of what the mines in this area would have looked like. In 2009 it is part of an industrial museum.