North Lodge, Allonby, Cumbria
These almshouses are owned by a Quaker Trust and used for low cost housing. They were built in the early 19th century for Thomas Richardson. According to Parson & White's, History & Directory of 1829 "Thomas Richardson, Esq., of Stamford Hill, near London, is a native of this town, where he has lately built a handsome mansion for his occasional residence. The two wings of the building are formed into six cottages, in which Mr Richardson generously allows as many poor families to live rent free."