Odda's Chapel, Deerhurst, Gloucestershire
Odda's Chapel is a Saxon chapel built in 1056. It is partly incorporated into a 16th or early 17th century farmhouse. Deerhurst was an important royal Saxon town. Edmund Ironside met Cnut there in 1016 to decide on the partition of England. The chapel was built by Odda in honour of his brother Aelfric. Both were kinsmen of the king (Edward the Confessor). This site is now in the care of English Heritage (2010)but managed by Deerhurst Parish Council. Find out more.