Old Guildhall, Newport, Telford and Wrekin

Old Guildhall, Newport, Telford and Wrekin
Photograph taken 26 February 2003 © Mr T Kenny. Source Historic England Archive ref: 255362

This is the former Guildhall. The oldest part of it has been tree-ring dated to 1487. The jettied part of the building has been inscribed with the date 1615 and the name William Gregari.

Location

Telford and Wrekin Newport

Period

Medieval (Middle Ages) (1066 - 1484)

Tags

timber framed hall architecture jettied Medieval (1066 - 1484)