Osborne House, East Cowes, Isle of Wight
View from the Upper Terrace looking South towards the Pavilion, Main Wing and Clock Tower. Queen Victoria and Prince Albert bought Osborne House as a private retreat and greatly extended it. The present house developed in the Italianate style between 1845-51 and was designed by Prince Albert and Thomas Cubitt. This property is now in the care of English Heritage (2010). Find out more.