Percy and Wagner Almshouses, Lewes Road, Brighton, Brighton and Hove
These 12 almshouses date from 1795 and 1859 and were restored around 1975. Numbers 4-9 were built in 1795 to provide for 6 poor widows of the Church of England. They were built by Dorothy and Philadelphia Percy, daughters of the Duke of Northumberland. The others were added in 1859 by the Reverend Henry Wagner and his sister Mary. They were built in memory of the Marquis of Bristol.