Phoenix Row, Pewsey, Wiltshire

Phoenix Row, Pewsey, Wiltshire
Photograph taken 26 January 2001 © Mr Andy Domeracki. Source Historic England Archive ref: 311725

Now shops and offices these buildings were originally almshouses for the poor. They were built in 1823 and have a central panel with the date and a name. The clock below this panel was added in 1977 to commemorate the Silver Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II

Location

Wiltshire Pewsey

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

almshouse shop social welfare jubilee architecture commemorate Georgian (1714 - 1836)