Poor House, Framlingham Castle, Suffolk
The castle was built by the Earl of Norfolk in 1190-1200. It was used as a prison in the 16th century. A poorhouse was established inside its walls in the 17th century in what was once the castle's Great Hall. This building dates from 1729. From 1662 parishes only had to support people if that parish was their official home. Overseers' account books show regular payments for transport to send paupers back to their own parish. This property is now in the care of English Heritage (2010).