Ramsey Abbey, Ramsey, Cambridgeshire
This former country house is built on the site of a Benedictine Monastery. It has covered all remains of the monastery. The monastery was founded in 969 AD. The current building dates back to the 17th century. In 1804-6 Sir John Soane (1753-1837) extended and modernised this building for the Fellowes family. The building is now used as a comprehensive school.