Roman Catholic Church of St Giles, Bank Street, Cheadle, Staffordshire

Roman Catholic Church of St Giles, Bank Street, Cheadle, Staffordshire
Photograph taken 27 August 2001 © Mr Brian Peach LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 274829

This Roman Catholic Church was built between 1841 and 1846. It was built by Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin for the Earl of Shrewsbury, who wanted a church that "would have no rival". It was opened on the 31st of August 1846.

Location

Staffordshire Cheadle

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

religion church faith gothic catholic Victorian (1837 - 1901)