Royal Victoria Park, Bath, Bath and North East Somerset
A group of people standing beside the park gates with the obelisk in the distance. Royal Victoria Park was opened in 1830. It was opened by Princess (later Queen) Victoria as a public pleasure park. The park was managed by a committee of wealthy Bath inhabitants and financed by voluntary contributions. It was then taken over by Bath City Council in 1921.