Sayers Almshouses, High Street, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire

Sayers Almshouses, High Street, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
Photograph taken 15 August 1999 © Susan Hall LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 355471

This row of almshouses were built in 1684. They were founded by John Sayer, chief cook to Charles II. They were originally for poor widows. They have the inscription "The Guift of John Sayer Esq 1684".