School and Schoolhouse, Trudoxhill, Somerset

School and Schoolhouse, Trudoxhill, Somerset
Photograph taken 23 April 2003 © Ms Geraldine Bunn LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 266849

This school is dated 1857. It was built by William Butterfield for the Duke of Cork and Orrery. It has the inscription "For The Benefit of The Poor And In Memory of His father Edmund 8th Earl of Cork, Richard Boyl Rector of Marston Built This School".

Location

Somerset Trudoxhill

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

school education charity philanthropy Victorian (1837 - 1901)