Shire Hall & County Gaol, High Pavement, Nottingham
The Shire Hall and adjoining county gaol were designed in 1769-70 by James Gandon. They were built in 1770-72 by Joseph Pickford of Derby. The original hall and jail were established in c1375-6. These buildings were added to in 1875-76 by W Bliss Sanders. Inside are the complete wooden fittings of 1876. These include the dock, jury box, judge's throne and seating for court officials.