St Anne's Almshouses, Ripon, North Yorkshire

St Anne's Almshouses, Ripon, North Yorkshire
Photograph taken 21 July 2006 © Mr Tim Nichols. Source Historic England Archive ref: 330066

These almshouses were built in 1869. They were funded and built by members of the Greenwood family. They are built in the gardens of the medieval Maison Dieu of St Anne. This consisted of a chapel founded in c1100 and 8 almshouses for women.

Location

North Yorkshire Ripon

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

almshouse poor charity philanthropy Victorian (1837 - 1901)