Stamford and Rutland General Infirmary, Deeping Road, Stamford, Lincolnshire
In 1823 Henry Fryer left in his will a large sum of money for an infirmary to be built within five years of his death. Following a competition in 1825 a gothic style design by J. P. Gandy was selected. The infirmary was completed in 1828 on land given by the Marquess of Exeter. This was the site of the former Stamford Greyfriars. In 1841 Edward Brown left £5,000 for a fever ward to be built and £6,000 for its maintenance. Massive additions have been made to the hospital complex during the 20th century.