Stone House Hospital, Cotton Lane, Stone, Kent
Stone House Hospital was built in 1862 at a cost of £34,784. It was a lunatic asylum for poor people from the City of London who had previously been sent to Bethlem Asylum in Lambeth. From 1924 it was renamed the City of London Mental Hospital. In 1948 it was transferred into the National Health Service.