Sutton Park, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
Colour tinted reproduction of a photograph showing the Wyndley Pool. The parkland was a royal deer park in medieval times. In 1528 Henry VIII was persuaded to give the use of the park to the townspeople. When the railway to Sutton Coldfield opened in 1862 special trains for day trippers to the park ran regularly. The park even had its own station. Activities for the visitors included boating, donkey rides, swimming and refreshments.