The Cancer Hospital, Fulham Road, Chelsea, Greater London

The Cancer Hospital, Fulham Road, Chelsea, Greater London
Photograph taken 1893 © Reproduced by permission of Historic England Archive ref: BL11990_003

The Wilson Ward at The Cancer Hospital, showing patients and nurses on the ward. Photograph taken to show the hospital, later known as The Royal Marsden Hosptal, after it had been enlarged in 1885 by architect Alexander Graham.

Location

Greater London Chelsea

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

people women hospital patient nurse clothing health medicine work